I'm back!
Now's the time to sit and finally fricken write this, or rewrite this. I had "Awesome Blog Session #3" written, but after writing it I looked at it and said "no". For somebody who wants to make this a very regular thing, I'm slacking and I must be stopped. It's going on 3:00 in the morning and I'm still up and very wide awake. After several Mountain Dews and reminiscing with old music that I loved in high school and for some crazy reason stopped listening to it, it's time for a little ranting and raving. (And by the way, I'm very anal about how things look on the internet, and I try to have a name for everything, but in the case with this blog - I failed.)
Ok so... I'm most likely going to be performing my first stand-up comedy show soon... and I mean SOON. I'm not so much nervous when I think about it; that'll probably catch up to me on the night of the show. I'm just looking forward to the show very much. Honestly, I can't wait to get on a stage and make an ass of myself in front of my dearest friends and a bunch of mighty strangers. I think this is what I need to do... or at least I think I'm headed in the right direction. College seems to be a very long, dreaded, treacherous, pain-in-the-ass process but I'm still sticking with that. I need to do this in the mean time; I need to start being what I was put on Earth to be.
Stand-up comedy is a lot more than just getting up on a stage and making an ass of yourself; it's very technical. There is an incredible amount of writing involved (that is if you're not experiencing writer's block) and you need to have the biggest balls on the planet. But I'm looking forward to the challenge... because I love challenges. If all goes according, I want to make this a regular thing and start performing at as many shows as I possibly can. Maybe someday you'll see me on Saturday Night Live or maybe I'll have my own late night talk show and you can look over to your dog sitting next to you on the couch and go "Hey I know him!". Dogs love attention. BUT that's a big big maybe... I sure F'ING wish. We shall see though. Wish me luck people!
Continuing my rant... Halloween is approaching. It's going to be here before I know it. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. I grew up obsessed with Halloween, no joke. If you know me personally, you should know this - because I only have it etched all over my arm for starters. I love everything about it: jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, bats, spiders, skeletons... the list goes on. I love how it is associated with eeriness and spookiness, and talked about as a night in which the dead can walk the Earth. A night of tricks and just great fun times... I could celebrate it year round, simple as that. All of the festive activities associated with the holiday start up and the cool monster movies on television that you never see any other time during the year put a grin on my face. I'll stop here. I'll probably continue ranting about this soon enough...
Have I mentioned I'm in this really cool group called New York State Paranormal Research? Oh yes - we conduct paranormal investigations. We're sort of like those dudes on television, like Ghost Hunters - but better, basically because we don't falsify evidence and we actually do the work ourselves (whoops). So if you or somebody you know are experiencing some level of paranormal activity and you want answers... visit this site:
http://nysparanormalresearch.com/default.aspx
K. For now I am through... my mind is drawing blanks. I better escape away before I am sucked into the computer screen, sort of like how people end up getting sucked into God knows where all around Aruba.....
Oh hai.
ReplyDeleteTwo of my classes (same professor) required that I get a blogspot account, so here I is.
Just taking this opportunity to tell you you are a gaping kiwi, and that I hope your stand up is on a weekend so we can come back for it. Let me know when it is as soon as you find out.